Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rest and Relaxation


We had a good weekend! We spent the night Friday night at Shawn's uncles cabin on the White River. It was so relaxing. They have a log cabin that has a great screened in porch, deck and hammock. We grilled out, had a campfire with smores, rode bikes, took a walk, the boys went hiking and I got to take a two hour nap. DO you know what the highlight of the trip was? The nap! I have not taken a nap in six months or more! It was so nice. Ella fell asleep and I went up to the loft to lay her down when I decided to lay down with her in the crook of my arm on the bed. It was so heavenly seeing her sweet sleeping face, then dozing to "la la land"! And as you can see, I wasn't the only one to catch a nap...

2 comments:

Gracie said...

It sounds like y'all had a good time! Luke looks so cute and peaceful! I miss y'all so much!

sherry said...

I love this picture! Reminds me of summer and schools not out yet. I am jealous I really like that cabin. I am glad you had a relaxing get away.