Monday, March 8, 2010

Toto, we're not in Kansas City anymore...

So I was reading off the announcements to my class this morning when I read about a new scholarship opportunity for seniors...

It was offered by the Arkansas Turkey Association...

They are giving away a scholarship. The criteria...3.0 and a hunting license.

Need I say more?

I think I must of laughed a little too hard. One of my students tried to lock me out of my classroom.

Also, I was notified by a friend, that one of the local restaurants offers Fried Bologna as a breakfast menu item.

Also, yesterday while in Sunday School, we were talking and a friend reported that she decided to do some yard work yesterday, but was interrupted when her mom came out of the house to tell her that someone just called and said her "thong" was showing from her top side of her sweats...I mean really...we are in a small town, but who has time to report such "news"? She decided that the water dept girls across the street must have seen it, called a hundred people, until one brave soul called to report it.

COmputer still down at home, so hence the wide gap in posts.

Oh, another thing. I was called a "nerd" from one of my students because I said I would blog about the scholarship. No, I don't normally let my students abuse my verbally, but I was in rare form today.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

I don't think you are a dork BUT that scholarship is hilarious! Thanks for sharing! :-)